If you have become unemployed, the trade union and the Industrial Union will help in many different ways.
If your employment ends or you are laid off, follow these steps:
- register as an unemployed jobseeker at the TE Office no later than the first day of lay-off / unemployment.
- Fill in the unemployment insurance application to the A-fund (earnings-related daily allowance application) or to KELA if your employment conditions have not been met. (6 months at work and as a member of the fund before unemployment)
- Attach the necessary attachments to the application
- Send the first application 2 weeks after registering with the TE Office
- Send the necessary additional information if requested by A-kassa or KELA
- Certificate of redundancy or termination
- social benefits you receive
- tax card for the benefit
If necessary, you can get help filling out and submitting the application from the professional office.
We have gathered useful links on this page to help you find out about benefits and what to do and consider for the unemployed.
With its 190,000 members, Open Unemployment Fund is one of the biggest unemployment funds in Finland.